Envision Pharma Group is a global medical affairs agency, driven by evidence and enabled by technolo...
Professor Karen Woolley is:
- A Director of a large tertiary-level Hospital and Health Service in Australia (5000 employees; government appointment)
- A Director, Global Strategic Initiatives (Medical Affairs) - part of the Envision Pharma Group. We provide ethical medical communication services to clients in academia, government, and the healthcare sector (pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, devices). For more information, please visit www.envisionpharmagroup.com
- Past Director of the International Society for Medical Publication Professionals and Chair of its Asia-Pacific Advisory Committee
- An advisor to the University of the Sunshine Coast Clinical Trial Centre - first in the world to start out by requiring researchers and sponsors to offer clinical trial participants a results summary and to acknowledge participants in research publications.
- An Honorary Fellow, American Medical Writers Association
- A Life Member, Past President and Director, Association of Regulatory and Clinical Scientists (2000 members).
Specialties: * Envision has an extensive and successful international track record of providing ethical medical affairs and technology services.
1 of 1
Patient involvement is being encouraged throughout the development lifecycle of new medicines and devices. Many stakeholders (eg, patients,...
This study looked at apremilast (a-PRE-me-last), a new treatment under investigation for psoriasis.
Envision PLS showcase: Study of a new version of exenatide, a treatment for people with diabetes that is given using a mini-pump under the skin
This study looked at ITCA 650, a new version of the medication exenatide (also called Byetta or Bydureon). This treatment helps to control the blood sugar level...
Envision PLS showcase: Study to compare two combination treatments in Chinese people with stomach cancer
There is no agreement on the best way to treat stomach cancer in China. The combination of docetaxel, cisplatin and fluorouracil (DCF for short) targets cancer...
I will commit to timely, complete, accurate, and balanced communication of research results to patients. I will work with patients to communicate information clearly by developing plain language summaries (eg, to summarise clinical trial results, peer-reviewed publications, clinical guidelines).Completed
I will use reliable and validated tools, where possible, to guide and assess the co-creation of patient engagement documents (print, online).Completed
I will listen to patients to help identify and prioritise patient engagement initiatives.Completed